PetFenceUSA offers a wide variety of pet supplies like, pet toys, pet food, Cat Furniture, treats and much more. We believe that every pet deserves great care and PetFenceUSA provides an affordable way to do so: GO Here and access the best savings offered and available today:
Shop here for a wide assortment of Pet products for birds, cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, horses, reptiles, and other animals. Choose to shop from over 23 brand names.
Pets are so adorable and need care just like us humans. I had a Cat for over 20 yrs ! One day she got out of the house and probably got chased away by other cats. I thought she was gone for good. About 4 days later,however, I was walking in the basement of a hospital that I worked at which was about 1.5 miles from my house when lo and behold there was my long lost cat trotting up to me. In the 32 yrs that I worked at this hospital this was the ONLY cat that I had ever seen IN the hospital!!!!!!!!
Have you ever wondered why Cats and Dogs are so different around us Humans? Cats are much more alloof and independent,they have to have their way. As a matter of fact it is not too far off to say that many cats have humans as pets. Dogs,on the other hand,seem to be much more loyal and energenic. One big advantage that dogs have over cats around humans is that dogs have eyebrows and cats do not. Think of the eyebrow advantage. Dogs are all the time moving their eyebrows around like a con artist trying to get their way with their human. Cats,on the other hand,have managed quite well without eyebrows.
Ten Interesting Differences Between Cats and Dogs
1. Dogs can be trained quickly, some in a matter of minutes, to obey basic commands like ‘come’ and ‘sit.’Most cats are difficult if not impossible to train to respond to directives.
2. Cats can be housetrained in an instant as long as they have access to a litter box. There’s really no training to it, in fact. It’s instinct. Most dogs take considerably longer to housebreak, and some just never get all the way there. Unlike with Fluffy, housebreaking a pup is usually a hands-on, time intensive project.
3. Dogs are social beings. They want to be with their pack, wherever their pack may be. Cats are solitary by comparison and their primary attachment (when forced to choose) is to their territory rather than other two or four-legged animals.
4. Dogs have 42 teeth. Cats have 30.
5. Cats can jump and climb, giving them more options when they need to hunt for food, or when they feel threatened. Dogs are earthbound, so they need their pack to hunt effectively. And when a threat triggers their fight-or-flight response, they are more likely to react with aggression because their ability to flee from a predator is limited.
6.Dogs are scavenging carnivores, which means although they are primarily meat-eaters, if necessary they can survive on plant material alone (remember, surviving is different than thriving).Cats are obligate or strict carnivores. Kitties cannot sustain life without eating meat in some form.
7. Dogs in the wild catch their prey by running it down. They are long distance runners, not sprinters.Cats creep up on their prey and catch it by surprise. They are sprinters, not distance runners.
8.Cats cannot be fasted and should not be dieted down too quickly. Kitties don’t efficiently burn fat reserves as an energy source. Instead, without food, their bodies break down non-fatty tissues for energy. This can lead to a life-threatening liver condition called hepatic lipidosis.Dogs are much better at using their fat reserves and can tolerate a lack of food for much longer than cats.
9.Cats have retractable claws that stay sharp because they are protected inside the toes.Dogs claws are always extended and become blunt from constant contact with the ground when they walk.
10.A dog’s memory is only about five minutes long.Kitties can remember up to 16 hours.
A Pet Store for Cats, Dogs, pet Birds, and all other Pets you may have, or are looking to get… this is a resource site to save you money, save you time and give you the access to the supplies, products, foods, meds, and care items. Aquarium supplies, bike trailer, bird feeders and toys, cat carriers, cat collars, dishes and bowls, dog beds, dog collars, pet food, puppy toys, and more!
They take care of us, and have a special home in our hearts and our homes… take care of them right, and spoil them even here at PetFenceUSA.